Last updated June 30, 2022
This policy applies to the website bchen.dev, which is referred to as the “website” or the “Service” in this notice.
What information do I collect?
Personal information you disclose to me
In Short: I collect personal information that you provide to me.
I collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to me on the website, or when you use other means to contact me.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit the Service.
I automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Service. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information. This information is needed to maintain the security and operation of the Service, and for internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information I collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data includes service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information. Depending on how you interact with the Service, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Service (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files vieId, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports, and hardware settings).
How do I process your information?
In Short: I process your information to provide the Service, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. I may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
I process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with the Service, including:
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. I may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. I may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To request feedback. I may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of the Service.
- To identify usage trends. I may process information about how you use the Service to better understand how they are being used so I can improve them.
When and with whom do I share your information with?
In Short: I may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following categories of third parties.
Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. The categories of third parties I may share personal information with are as follows:
- Data Analytics Services
How long do I keep your information?
In Short: I keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
I will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
When I have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, I will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then I will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Controls for Do-Not-Track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, I do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that I must follow in the future, I will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
Do I make updates to this notice?
In Short: Yes, I will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
I may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If I make material changes to this privacy notice, I may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. I encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how I are protecting your information.
How can you contact me about this notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email me at email@example.com.